Monday, February 4, 2013

Week 76 100WC


Word Count: 109
Prompt: "...beneath the surface..."


http://jfb57.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/100wcgu-7.jpg?w=584


David is my best friend in the world, my lover, my equal and my other half. He has changed a lot since we first met. He is fairly built now, not as built as he was back in high school but still gorgeous all the same. He used to wear his hair long; his smooth curls almost covered the back of his neck.  His caramel skin stretched over his muscles. I remember how captivating he was it wasn't what was on the outside but what was beneath the surface. I used to avoid looking into his chocolate eyes afraid they would pull me in and lock me away forever.





8 comments:

  1. Lovely descriptions .... but is she afraid she will be pulled in completely by her attraction to him or that there is something in his eyes she just doesn't trust ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that you are more drawn to this David than his younger, more intimidating earlier version? An earlier fascination grown into actual love perhaps? I really enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! time changes even the tension of wanting/avoiding being pulled in. well done, evocative

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this your husband or a man you admire from afar.
    A story well told, leaving me on the edge to know more
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is more to be told beneath the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your descriptions are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely written. It seems that over time, as he has become your equal, you no longer fear looking into his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "my lover, my equal and my other half' - i loved this sweet sentiment :)

    care to check mine? plzz
    http://yourstoryclub.com/short-stories-love/romance-short-story-tonight-you-are-mine/

    ReplyDelete