Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Video Games with David


My best friend in the whole wide world!!! His name is David and he isn’t boring; he is interested in a bunch of things. Lately it has been video games. The best part is that I literally hate video games because I suck at them. My best friend has opened my eyes to games that I am actually good at. Some are more interactive than others, some aren’t so complex. I suck at Modern Warfare, but because of his patience he has taught me how to use both joy sticks (I think that’s what they’re called) simultaneously. He encourages me when I am not doing so well and he cheers me on when I am doing awesome. I know that this is just video games, but it tells me a few things about him and our relationship.

Video games are meant to be hard and challenging, that’s what makes them so fun. Being supported by David while playing video games shows me that he can embrace challenges and work through them. Even if these challenges are virtual, it’s just practice for real life. He is always good at any video game he comes across. It usually takes him about five minutes to figure out the best strategy but after that, he is going for the high scores. He tries out different things until he finds the best one. He isn’t a greedy player either. He always tries to help me out and he shows me the best way to beat a level.

He plays fair too. I never have to beg him to let me try, most times he is trying to get me to try the game out. He knows when I am getting frustrated and tells me to sit down and take a time out. This also will help out in real life situations. He can see that I am getting upset about something and along with the other strategizing skills he has learned, it is easier for him to cope and help me out with a problem.

Probably the best part about playing video games with my best friend is that we learn new things and always have fun. We play all kinds of games. Lately it’s been games like Scene It or the sports game that came with our Move. We always have fun as we are learning how to do new things. For instance, recently I have been playing the archery game on our Move. He showed me where to aim according to how far away the target is, not to mention I am getting a work out too. It’s kind of cool. I don’t know what the comparison between the game and real archery, but I feel like I might be able to do it in real life. I have to say that my favorite is when we play the games together. We trade off most of the time.

I guess that by playing video games David has picked up a few different skills and so have I. Plus he looks cute when he plays games. He has the most ridiculous serious face. It’s also super cute when he gets all angry at the game. It’s definitely a fact that without David I probably still never play video games and still suck. Not to mention the bonding time I would miss out on. I’m so glad I have my best friend in the whole entire universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment