Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Week #74 100 word challenge

My mother recommended that I try this out so, here it goes...

Week #74 100 Word Challenge
Prompt: "... the extreme weather meant..."
Word count: 114




100WCGU (7)

As I set my school bag on the kitchen table my father was telling me about the upcoming blizzard. I of course was not all too upset given that the extreme weather meant I would not have school. The blizzard would be heading our way tomorrow. I was told to pack up a few things and put them in the small apartment in the basement. This would be the first time we would have to use the panic room. I packed up a few books and a week’s worth of clothes. As I was packing I realized I was going to have to spend the entire storm with my father, I was dreading it. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow - what a dramatic ending. I loved the sudden change in emotions, from nonchalance about the coming blizard to that sudden feeling of dread. I wonder what her father has done to cause that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good twists in this well written piece. Not sure I like her father much though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I can use next weeks challenge and weave it in to this one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the twist. ~Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone else. This was quite sinister and definitely played on the emotions. Well written!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was a teenager this would have been so painful!

    ReplyDelete