Monday, January 28, 2013

Week #75 100 Word Challenge

Week #75
Premise: Grand Canyon
Word Count: 131 (a little much but couldn't bring myself to part with any of it)




http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv33/baglet/100WCGU7.jpg



I approached the large crevice in the Earth with caution. Staring down into its pits I could feel myself beginning to loosen up. The vast land looked beautiful, each crack lined with a beautiful shade of blue or red. The past few days had been extremely stressful for no particular reason other than I was making a huge deal of nothing. I sat down allowing my feet to dangle over the edge, flirting with danger was not something I would normally do. I took a deep breath and focused on a bird across the void. It soared freely in the wind not afraid of the dangers waiting below should its wings give out. I considered the irony because for the first time in several months I felt free, like the bird.

8 comments:

  1. I really like this!You wrote such that I really felt able to share the moment.

    I know what you mean about the word count - it can be really hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny because I remember back in school the teacher would say everyone write a 100 word essay. I used to get mad and say that's soooooo long.

    Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, feet dangling over the edge... I can't even make myself imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely feeling runs through this piece. I felt I could relate to those feelings. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing...I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really good! I could feel her letting go of the stress and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally understand that feeling. Well penned

    ReplyDelete